So let’s say its a cloud after noon, your friends on Discord are asking to play Minecraft, and then you think: “Man, basic Minecraft is so boring, I wish I had something better.” Thankfully, there is such a thing!
CurseForge is a platform where the app will inject code into Minecraft, thinking you have downloaded mods, and a custom launcher.
Here are the steps on how to download it.
To download and install CurseForge on a Windows 10+ computer, follow these steps:
- Open a web browser and go to the CurseForge website at https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/mc-mods.
- Click the “Get CurseForge App” button at the top right of the page.
- Scroll to “Windows” as your operating system.
- Select “CurseForge on Overwolf” to start the download.
- Wait for the download to complete. The file will likely be saved to your Downloads folder by default.
- Once the download is complete, open the downloaded file (it should be a .exe file).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the CurseForge app on your computer.
- Once installed, launch the CurseForge app and log in to your account (or create one if you don’t already have one).
- You should now be able to browse and download mods for your Minecraft game through the CurseForge app.
If you followed these steps correctly, you should have 2 apps installed. “Overwolf” and “Curseforge.” Overwolf is a company that created the video capture app “Outplayed,” “BUFF,” and “Curseforge.” If you have any of these, most likely Overwolf is running in the background, and it is NEEDED to run any of these. Overwolf is safe however, so don’t delete it.
Once you have CurseForge, and have Minecraft, there are two scenarios.
You have Minecraft and CurseForge. CurseForge detect the game and automatically connect itself to Minecraft. After that loading screen, you can download modpacks from the app, or certain mods from the website. After that, play and have fun.
You have Minecraft, but CurseForge cannot detect it. If this happens, you must go into the app finder in the app, and add Minecraft to the list. After that, retry Scenario 1.
CONGARATULATIONS INTERNET USER!
You have now successfully downloaded and used CurseForge!
Here are some mods/modpacks I recommend:
ALL IN ONE CREATE
All in One Create is a Create Mod with dozens of modpacks that sync with the Create Mod that can increase your gameplay experience. It has the basic create mod, Jetpacks, flamethrowers, trains, and even cafes. Here are some MODS I recommend.
CGM (Or Crayfish’s Gun Mod) is a weapon modpack that adds basic weapons and weapon mods to the game. It is good for 1v1s with friends and just screwing around.
CGM Additions is a weapon modpack that add WAY more weapons to Crayfish’s Gun Mod. Even ammo. It adds snipers, SMGS, rifles, and even shotguns.
GRAPPLING HOOK MOD
The Grappling Hook Mod is basically it’s name. You can get a grappling hook and modify it the way you want. You can make it have a rocket, increase it’s distance, and even just turn it into a spider man grappling hook. You can even get Long Fall Boots that can make you slide, double jump, and even wall run.